Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dinner party preview

I'm having an extraVeganza for new years. A couple of dear friends are coming over with their vegan sister and boyfriend. I'm so excited to have an all vegan menu that nobody will look at strange, and there will be only minimal explaining to do. It's all so thrilling! So, I have a couple of ideas for what I should make. And here they are.

Cashew Chili, and a spin on The Veganomicon's Corn Pudding. I feel I need to bake something to munch on to go along with this, but since there's already corn pudding I don't want to make corn bread. Maybe some other type of rolls.

or..

Bowtie Vodka with Salad. I know this sounds very boring, but hear me out. The pasta sauce itself is so good that it forgives the simple assembly. So there. Also the salad I plan to make special. I've been wanting to try a recipe for marinated tofu turned feta, and vwav's tempeh bacon to crumble in. That with some dried cranberries, nuts and a good greens assortment sounds awesome!

OR..

I'm toying around with an Indian feast. This does sound most exciting I suppose, but also most time consuming. But that shouldn't matter since it's a dinner party right? Right. However, I do have to work until 5 or 6, so it has to be something feasible. Maybe I'll do some eggplant soup that I can do the day before (today I guess :P) and make something ultra fun and exciting like say, samosa's the day of. Yeah, that does sound fun!

Oh, and I promise to post lots of pictures of vegans eating vegan food. Also I took some good pics last night of the Faustess Cupcakes! I tried to get some decent pictures of pasta and garlic bread and a tofu scramble but as yummy as the dishes were the pictures came out looking most unappetizing.

Have a good day people!

No comments:

Post a Comment