Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Last week...

Don't have much time but just wanted to jot down a few things that I've made over the past week.

I ended up making the cashew chili and the corn pudding for my vegan dinner party. It was great fun. So nice to have fellow vegans and vegetarians over who really appreciated the work that went into dinner. Not to mention nice not to hear "hey, this is actually really pretty good"!

I totally forgot to take pictures. Damn!

A couple of days later I made pizza with tofu ricotta, walnut pesto, mushrooms and olives. It was superb. I've made tofu ricotta several times before, but I think I nailed it this time. I plan to start using it to make homemade ravioli and everything. And I wouldn't even hesitate to feed it to my meat and cheese eating friends. They would never know.

I also nailed the tofu scramble. It's another thing I've made countless times (as most vegans do), but I'm always trying to make things better and better. And honestly, and not to be conceded, but I really don't think I could have made it any better. It was awesome. I made that with some french toast that I made with good sourdough bread and a custard out of coconut milk yogurt, soy flour, oil, soy milk and vanilla. It was after this meal that Husband declared he was going to be vegan. This was amazing to hear. Three months ago he was a beef eating bacon lover. Then he went vegetarian after watching Earthlings a couple of months ago, and is now planning to be vegan. That's so awesome. :D

We want to open a vegan restaurant. I think it's totally possible in this town. We have a lot of vegetarians and vegans in Fort Collins/Boulder, and I think a vegan place in Old Town Fort Collins is needed, and could be quite popular. It's in my 10 year plan. I even have an adorable name picked out. But I'm not telling!

I'm working a lot this week at the salon, so there's not a lot of time to cook. I'm still doing the personal cheffing, so there will be some cooking thank goodness! Night before last I made her some lemongrass risotto. That was fun. I think I'm going to throw some potatoes and dried peas into the crock pot with some veg stock, coconut milk, leftover lemongrass and curry for dinner tonight.

Oh and I almost forgot. I am deep into making cashew cheese! REAL cashew cheese that's being fermented as we speak. I'm on about day 4 of the process. Tomorrow I get to try it. I hope it rules!!

1 comment: