Sunday, December 14, 2008

Boooring..

Well, nothing noteworthy came out of my kitchen today. I started to make some chocolate chocolate chip cookies, and did manage to get the dough finished but have yet to bake them. I was feeling a little guilty about eating something sugary and fatty since the weekend is nearly over (cheat time), and I simply can't stop after just one cookie, and since that recipe made something silly like 30something cookies... It was just to much to process, so the dough is sitting in the fridge. :P

The cookie recipe was a version of the chocolate chocolate chip walnut cookies from Veganomicon, and I've used two recipes from that cookbook that both doughs come out so oily that the chips won't stay in very well. The cookies always come out great(!) so I don't want to tweak the recipe enough to mess up the final result, but I want to experiment a bit to see if there's a way to keep the chips in better. I'll ponder that.

I was going to make biscuits and gravy for dinner tonight, but didn't. Man I'm a lame cook tonight! Since I work at the salon tomorrow evening I won't be any better, but I'm getting some things ready to experiment on for Christmas dinner, so delicious posts to come. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment